Sunday 4 November 2012

1/100 Zvezda KV-1

1/100 Zvezda KV-1
Again, another random scale, but for £3 each I just had to get a couple. Partially for intrest but also I thought they would be rather fun to build. Construction could not be easier as each part (all 6 of them) are extremely well engineered to clip together. I split the tanks in to tracks, turret, upper hull and lower hull for ease of painting. I sprayed them with Halfords grey primer, followed by Vallejo ModleAir Black Grey for shadows. VMA Russian Green was then misted over the tanks. In such a small scale the effect is barley visible, but its there. A wash of Mig Abteilung 502 'Wash Brown' was then applied. Several streaks and pigments were then used to finish them. In total I think I only spent 45mins on the both. Pics of the kit unbuilt are at the bottom for some reason.


I plan on getting a some more, probably a few T-26s, BT-5s and T-34s. these are slightly older kits but hey, their cheap.



























































































No comments:

Post a Comment