Tuesday 22 January 2013

1/35 Dragon BRDM-2 (Part 1)

This is a project I am doing for a campaign on Armorama (Next Gen 2). I have a couple of the new Trumpeter kits but settled on this due to it's fast construction and ease of build. I got it at Telford for £5 and it came with PanzerShop resin tyres! I have built it OOB except for two wire handles and wheels. I started by spraying it Halford's Grey Primer followed by a per-shade of white and black. I then coated this in Vallejo Model Air Russian Green. I have masked it off in preparation for praying the camo. I plan on doing it in a three toned splineter patten.
 I painted the Topas-2AP in the Summer and is from ACE. It displays what I hope to achieve. The Topas is 1/72 and was quite a good kit to build apart from the tracks/wheels which were horrible. I added the weld seams to fill the gaps. I made quite a few wire parts but many have fallen off.
The picture of a split tyre is one from another of my Dragon BRDM-2s. 3 out of 4 of the tyres that came with that kit were virtually unusable. If you are thinking of getting a Dragon BRDM, be wary of this as I have heard this is a common problem.

Stay Tuned




















No comments:

Post a Comment