Tuesday 22 January 2013

1/72 ACE ADGZ


Yet another small scale project, this time it's Austrian! I know you may be shocked, but I have always had a soft spot for this ugly duckling. I got it as a stocking filler at Christmas and have decided to do it in a Polish Invasion, Grey and Brown camo. It has very few part and goes together reasonably well making a quick, fun build (unusual for an ACE kit :)). For once I hand painted it, the whole thing! After an undercoat of Halford's Primer Grey, I painted the grey using Vallejo Model Colour Dark Grey. The brown was made using a mixture of black and two different Revell brick reds. I then painted on a coat of Vallejo Model Colour Matt Varnish and proceeded to apply small lines of black oil paint to all vertical panels. This was then streaked down using a brush dampened in B and Q Value White Spirit. I attempted Adam Wilder's technique of 'Speckling' to create tiny, faded rain marks, chips and rust spots. Slightly thinned grey oil paint was loaded onto a brush and flicked all over the model. This was repeated once dry, but with a cream colour and rust tone. This time, unlike the grey, they were streaked down. I did this to try and make the grey camo more faded. The mud (you cant really see it) was made using Games Work Shop's Liquid Green Stuff mixed with sand I collected from the bank of a river (The Tweed). It was painted using brown oils. Thats about it.
Enjoy

































No comments:

Post a Comment