Saturday 23 March 2013

1/72 Cromwell T-72

Hey, another small scale feature, its a masterpiece by Cromwell.
At my local IPMS Club there is a very generous man who kindly gave me (I am very grateful) a large number of 1/72/76 plastic and resin kit. Amongst them was the Cromwell T-72. Already primed and dark greened, I was raring to go as the detail is exquisite!

I chose to do it in Czechoslovakian markings regardless of whether they are accurate.
It was so simple to paint it pretty much followed the same pattern as my other Russian, green vehicles. However, I did not spray it, this time I dry brushed several shades of green, each time getting lighter. From there, chips were done the usual Vallejo Olive Green, small details painted lighter green and Mig Abteilung Oil Paints were washed over the tank. Fuel stains were done using guess, Mig Abteilung's Engine Grease.
I still need to sand off the resin casting feet on the tracks, but apart from that, it's pretty much finished.
Thanks
Euan
















































No comments:

Post a Comment