Monday 20 May 2013

Chechnya Convoy

Hi guys,
I know they were terrible wars but I love them in terms of modelling. This will be a diorama featuring a Trumpeter T-62 w/ ERA Mod.1972 and two Dragon SA-9 Gaskins. I am not sure wether the Gaskin was used in Chechnya but am just going to assume. The T-62 will be at the front followed by the two SA-9s.

I only have one set of resin tyres and one etch set for the two Gaskins as one kit came with these extras, I may try and get more. Despite the age of the Dragon kits, I still enjoy them due to their simplicity. I aim to have them ready soon.
The T-62 on the other hand is a completely different matter. The box is oozing with plastic, metal and rubber. The part count and detail is amazing. A metal barrel, rubber road wheels, etch, cable and clear parts make for an awesome kit. I may post a full review soon. It will take some time to build but will definitely be worth it.

Heres some pics. Not very much progress as I started them tonight and had just finished doing stuff for the Chechnya River Crossing.











No comments:

Post a Comment